The BehaviourNet data intelligence gathering and reporting functionality is ground-breaking for a school system. No other existing software provides the equivalent features and functionality that have been built and are being continually developed.
In addition to BehaviourNet’s current features, we are also exploring and developing a range of capabilities to enable data integration from the platform to existing schools, third parties and local support systems.
We specialise in collecting, sorting and sharing insightful data with interested parties.
- Analytics to assess student responses and interactions from key indicators and markers.
- Behaviour profiling to develop in-depth data for reporting and early intervention.
- Increased capabilities for diagnosis and identification of at-risk young people.
- Ability to trigger alerts and warnings to relevant staff or appointed adults and support teams.
- Unique tracking allows young people’s activities to be monitored from school through to adult services.
- Potential to collect valuable, usable data at the individual, school, community and regional level.
- Provide detailed intelligence including reports, trends and even predictions.
- Capability to increase multi-agency information sharing.
CYP Insight – The Process
In response to incidents or as part of the curriculum, young users are assigned behaviour-focused, digital tasks to complete within the MindKey environment. These tasks may be assigned on a preventative or reactive basis and could include questionnaires, games, videos, free type and other engaging formats.
The task materials are carefully designed by educational psychologists and content authors to elicit responses from children to highlight issues within particular areas of concern. The topic content is designed to focus on specific issues and constructed using established counselling and psychological methodology.
Within the BehaviourNet staff online environment, responses and reactions to completed tasks are analysed by the system and scored with an overall “concern level”. The system will additionally employ machine learning and intelligent deep data mining techniques to process the information collected into easy to understand reports.
Concerns highlighted by the system are flagged to staff or agencies via reports, alerts and warnings. This allows for early detection of potential concerns that may otherwise have been overlooked entirely or discovered at a much later stage.
Relevant data is then shared with authorised agencies for intervention and further analysis. This could be, for example, identifying situational or regional trends, which can potentially highlight larger-scale issues such as county lines.
Multi-Agency Data Sharing Opportunities Using BehaviourNet
The BehaviourNet system employs intelligent data analysis to provide early indicators and flag potential issues for CYP, based upon responses given to interactive digital content. Timely detection and intervention allow early support to be provided, thus having a significant and positive impact on outcomes.
A complete record of children’s behaviour and support lifecycle is stored within the BehaviourNet system and data transfer between schools and wider support services is facilitated by the software. Inter-agency data sharing enables:
- Multi-agency integration – a joined-up approach to monitoring and management of vulnerable children.
- Improved communication between Local Authority departments.
- Efficient data sharing between schools and external support services and organisations.
Information sharing between organisations, particularly between schools and the Local Authority, is key to optimising the delivery of support services. Transparency of data increases awareness, efficiency and the potential for early interventions. By understanding more about why certain behaviours are present in pupils, enables schools to provide more effective support for those students that need it.
Data collected by BehaviourNet varies in format from preventative classwork through to more investigative, analytical content. Hierarchical permissions dictate levels of access to data and thus ensure that only relevant, key appointed personnel are able to view sensitive information.
The BehaviourNet teacher and staff professionals dashboard provides indicators to highlight concerns raised by responses given to online resources in MindKey. These indicators are available in many formats including graphs, a traffic light warning system and other visual triggers within the interface.
See further details on the functionality available in the Teacher & Staff Environment.
Partners & System Integrations
BehaviourNet will provide data integration with stakeholders and partners including:
- School Management Information Systems
- Local Authority, support and SEN services
- Safeguarding systems
- NHS, CCG and Public Health Dorset
- VCSE charities and support organisations
- The Police
Integration between these systems will be facilitated using established API technologies.